What does the award honor?
This award recognizes the best journalism that features ‘new ways of storytelling’ using any sort of digital technology to tell stories that matter in the region.
In partnership with the award’s sponsor Google, AAJA is looking for the best and brightest work that tells the continuing story and issues of how our society continues to evolve in the physical and digital world.
*The winner was announced in an email to members on May 15.
Who is eligible?
The Award is open to:
- Journalists based in Asia-Pacific region
- Members of AAJA (*non-members are considered eligible if they sign up for full-year paid membership at AAJA $65/year in connection with their submission/ and become members (www.aaja.org)
Works must be:
- In English
- Published or broadcast in the professional news media, which includes online news service and websites.
- Published or broadcast during the past calendar year, Jan. 1 to Dec. 31st, 2014
- Reported from the Asian region
- Or Works from abroad will be considered if they address Asia-specific issues
- One entry per journalist
- On-line submissions only
- Please provide link to original publication and/or digital attachment of submission: print, video file, audio file, blog, etc…
- Please attach a one-page summary of why the entrant feels the work deserves the award and provide open source outline of how story was executed and produced. In the outline, show and tell us how fellow journalists can apply the strategies, apps, functions, etc… in their own reporting and apply your best practices that you used in your story.
- Please fill out submission form, sign and scan to include as attachment
- Mark in the subject line: “AAJA-Asia Google Digital Journalism Award ENTRY”
- The deadline is April 30th, 2015.
- There is no entry fee for members. Non-members must sign up to become members at time of award entry for consideration. Only entries by registered AAJA members will be considered.
Judging & Award:
Our three volunteer judging panel from the AAJA-Asia Chapter will review all submissions to recommend a winner. AAJA-Asia Chapter board members will have final approval of winning candidate. Winner will be announced ahead of the AAJA-Asia N3 Conference in Seoul, Korea on May 23, and the award will formally be handed out then. Winner will receive $1000 USD along with a travel stipend of up to $500 for airfare to help attend the AAJA-Asia N3C conference to accept their award.
Awards Dinner at 19:00 – 21:30 on Saturday, May 23 at Fiesta in Gangnam (889-5 Daechi-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea)
ENTRY FORM: EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBJECT LINE: AAJA-Asia Google Digital Journalism Award ENTRY